5 Reasons Why Squat Snatch Training Should Be in Your CrossFit Arsenal
The squat snatch is a fundamental movement in CrossFit that involves lifting a barbell from the ground and quickly and explosively pulling it overhead while dropping into a deep squat position. This movement is used in a variety of CrossFit workouts, from Olympic weightlifting to high-intensity interval training.
Here are some of the benefits of incorporating squat snatch training into your CrossFit routine:
- Full-body strength: The squat snatch is a complex movement that engages almost every muscle in the body, including the legs, core, back, shoulders, and arms. By performing this movement regularly, you’ll develop full-body strength and improve your overall fitness.
- Explosive power: The squat snatch requires a high degree of explosive power to lift the barbell from the ground and quickly pull it overhead. By training this movement, you’ll improve your ability to generate power, which can translate to other CrossFit movements such as box jumps, burpees, and rowing.
- Improved mobility: The squat snatch requires a significant amount of mobility in the hips, ankles, and shoulders. By practicing this movement regularly, you’ll improve your range of motion and flexibility, which can reduce the risk of injury and improve your overall movement quality.
- Cardiovascular endurance: Squat snatch training can be done in high-intensity intervals, which can improve your cardiovascular endurance and help you develop the ability to sustain high-intensity efforts over time.
- Mental toughness: The squat snatch is a challenging movement that requires focus, concentration, and mental toughness to perform well. By training this movement, you’ll develop mental resilience and the ability to push through challenging workouts.
Overall, the squat snatch is a highly beneficial movement to incorporate into your CrossFit training. It can help you develop full-body strength, explosive power, improved mobility, cardiovascular endurance, and mental toughness, all of which are essential for success in CrossFit and in everyday life.
CrossFit GBAR3 WOD
squat snatch 10 x 1
WOD (see 04.13.22)
resistance band stretches