CrossFit Competition at GBAR3
At CrossFit GBAR3 we compete against ourselves every day, each of us judging today’s performance versus our own past results; always striving to get better, healthier, more fit. Some of us have friendly rivalries with workout partners, challenging us to push harder to get one more rep, add 5 more pounds or find 10 more seconds to shave off our times. Many take it to the next level, entering local, regional and national competitions to test ourselves against our peers in the CrossFit community, meet new people and have fun. Our upcoming SETEX Masters Fall Classic is a great example. Many of our members have signed up as volunteers and judges, some as competitors. On October 22 all of you will have a BLAST!
The Sport of Fitness
Everything we do at CrossFit GBAR3, how we program, coach and focus our efforts, leads to better performance in this “Sport of Fitness” called CrossFit. We practice gymnastics – moving our bodies through space – and weightlifting – moving objects through space – always with 100% emphasis on safety, movement mechanics and range of motion. We then throw in monostructural work (think running & rowing) to fine tune our metabolic engines. Result: optimized General Physical Preparedness, preparing us for sport, play, or any of the challenges that life brings.
Our athletes who wish to optimize their own competition performance take this baseload, and add the extra strength, skill, tactical and mental work needed to compete in today’s CrossFit. We support their goals by providing additional gym hours, customized programming and tactics coaching. After 10 years in business, here’s what CrossFit GBAR3 athletes have to show for their efforts:
- Multiple podium finishes (First, Second or Third Place) in local competitions such as Hammer & Chisel, KTX Games, Garage Games, SETEX Masters Fall Classic and others.
- First and Second Place finishes in regional competitions such as The Fittest Games, WOD Godz and the CrossFit Games Open – South Central.
- First, Second and Third Place finishes in international rowing competition Row’d Royalty.
- Top 10 worldwide finishes in multiple CrossFit Games Open WODs.
- As many as three athletes making it through the Open to the Master’s Qualifier for 10 straight years – signifying top 10% ranking worldwide.
- Three years global top 50 Open Masters ranking.
The same people who achieved these results are coaching, sharing tips and working out with you every day at CrossFit GBAR3. Not off in a corner doing their own thing but right alongside you. If you want to learn about finding competition success, surviving dark places or just fine tuning movements, all you have to do is lean over and ask!
AMRAP in 15 minutes
5 DB renegade rows, 45/30
10 deadlifts, 225/155
15 wall ball shots, 20/14
50 med ball sit ups for time